ABOUT CROSS POINTE
"Cross Pointe Ocala exists to glorify God by connecting people to God, to each other, and to the world."
* In essential beliefs, we have unity. - “There is one Body and one Spirit...there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all.”
* In non-essential beliefs, we have diversity. - "Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.” (Romans 14:1)
* In all our beliefs, we show charity. - “If I hold in my hand not only all human knowledge, but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can
move mountains, but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” (I Corinthians 13:2)
Our Statement of Faith
1. The Trinity
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4)
2. God the Father
The first person of the Godhead orders and directs all things according to His own purpose and pleasure. He authored, created, and sustains all things in the universe without any means other than His own pure power. By His grace, He involves himself in the affairs of men, hears and answers prayer, and saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Christ. (Matthew 6:9, Ephesians 1:3, John 5:19)
3. Jesus the Son
He eternally existed as the second person of the Godhead. By His virgin birth, He came to earth as fully God and fully man, living a sinless life. His death on the cross made atonement for man’s sin, evidenced by his bodily resurrection from the dead. He physically ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and He will return in power and glory. (John 1:14, Colossians 2:9, Acts 2:32)
4. The Holy Spirit
The third part of the Godhead convicts people of sin, regenerates, indwells, instructs, and sets apart believers into a holy life. We encourage all believers to seek a life of obedience to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. We believe this step is essential for empowering believers for victorious living and ministry through the gifts given by the Holy Spirit. (Titus 3:5, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 3:16)
5. The Bible
The Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the complete, divinely inspired, infallible Word of God. The Bible is the supreme authority and guide for our Christian faith and living. (II Peter 1:20, Hebrews 4:12)
6. The Nature of Humanity.
Humanity was directly created in God’s image, voluntarily fell into sin by personal disobedience to the will of God; consequently, all people are spiritually dead apart from Jesus Christ. The fall of humanity was a once-for-all historical fact. Its effect spread to everyone, each of whom is born with a sinful nature and is in need of salvation. (Ephesians 2:1, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23-24)
7. The Necessity of Salvation.
Salvation is by grace, a gift of God apart from works. Salvation requires repentance, a turning from one’s own way to God’s way. All who receive Jesus Christ are born again, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and become the children of God. Our relationship with Christ is secure not by our own actions, but by the sustaining power and love of God. We will manifest true salvation by a changed life. (Titus 2:11, I John 1:9, I Peter 2:2)
8. The Church
The church is the body of all believers consisting of all born-again persons without respect to race, culture, or background. Directed by Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, the Church is taking the good news of salvation to the whole world. Our church is inclusive rather than exclusive and stresses love for God and one another, the unity of all believers, and obedience to the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:19-21, Ephesians 3:10)
People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. (John 3:16, John 14:17, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:17-18, Revelation 20:15, I Corinthians 2:7-9)
* We want people to become more like Jesus. We do this through Sunday worship, through small groups, and through ministry and missions. This process is
* The heartbeat of Cross Pointe Church are our small groups.
* We believe that every partner should be using their spiritual gifts, passion, talents, and gifts to serve the church in some area.
* We believe that every partner should be sharing their faith and spreading the gospel to those who do not yet know Jesus.
* We believe that each person's ultimate goal is to glorify God.